ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, SAFETY & SECURITY POLICYAt the Texas Brine Company family of companies, we recognize our responsibility to provide a safe, secure, sustainable and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors and the public while protecting the environment. We are committed to environmental, health, safety and security excellence and believe that each of us has an obligation to contribute to this goal. All of us are accountable for maintain a safe a healthful workplace and for protecting and improving the environment.
We believe that the business of Chemistry is essential to the products and services that help make our lives safer, healthier and better. Through the Responsible Care initiate and the Responsible Care Global Charter, our industry has made a worldwide commitment to improve our environmental, health, safety and security performance. As part of that effort, we are committed and subscribe to the following Guiding Principles and will use them to help inform our decisions as we:
- Lead, manage and operate our companies in ethical ways with a high degree of personal and professional integrity that can benefit society, the economy and the environment;
- Develop products that can be manufactured, transported, used, disposed of or recycled safely;
- Work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors and contractors to foster the safe and secure use, transport and disposal of our products and to provide accessible hazard and risk information that can be applied to their operations and products;
- Design and operate our facilities in a safe, sustainable, secure and environmentally sounds manner consistent with government regulations and industry practices;
- Foster a culture throughout all levels of our organization to continually identify, reduce and manage process safety risks;
- Promote pollution prevention, waste minimization and resource & energy conservation at every stage of the life cycle of our products;
- Cooperate with all levels of government and to participate with appropriate organizations in the development of effective and efficient environmental, health, safety and security laws, regulation, practices and standards;
- Support education and research on environmental effects, health effects, safety, sustainability, and security of our products, processes and plants;
- Communicate product, service and process risks to our stakeholders and understand and consider their perspectives;
- Make continual progress towards our goal of no accidents, injuries or harm to human health and environment from our products and operations and openly report our environmental, health, safety and security performance;
- Seek continuous improvement in our integrated Responsible Care Management System to address environmental, health, safety and security performance;
- Promote Responsible Care by encouraging and assisting other to adhere to these Guiding Principles.
We intend to achieve these important business goals by reliably satisfying the commitments we make to each other, our neighbors, our customers and the regulatory agencies that govern our operations and products.